Order 100% Organic Toor dal (Thuvaram paruppu) and other Organic Traditional Dal Varieties Online (Exclusively Vacuum Packed) from Sweet Karam Coffee
Toor Dal is rich in protein, carbohydrates and fibre and helps in meeting your every day Iron requirements. Toor dal is not only delicious, but also has great amount of nutritional value. It contains good amount of fibre which can help in preventing problems such as constipation. Toor dal is a must have for all pregnant women because it is rich in folic acid. This dal is also good in curing cough, gastric troubles, stomach pain and food poisoning effects. Furthermore, it is said that toor dal can help keep the bad cholesterol away and keep the heart healthy. More important than anything, we get all these benefits only when we make sure we eat it organically to avoid ill effects of chemical pesticides.
The glycemic index is 22 and hence a very good food for diabetes.
Sweet Karam Coffee is happy to partner with Namma Nellu to bring 100% organic rice & dals varieties to your home.
About Namma Nellu:
- India is endowed with very exceptionally rich biodiversity in rice. So rich that it will take you 500 years to taste all native varieties of rice just once if you eat one rice a day!
- Since 1995 Centre for Indian Knowledge Systems (CIKS) an NGO has been conserving traditional rice varieties and documenting and researching their agronomic properties.
- Through the years they have realised that these varieties are important not only for their agronomic properties (flood/drought resistance, pests/disease resistance, suitability to various soil types and ecosystems etc.) but also their value in terms of nutrition, culinary traditions and therapeutic value.
- The numbers and extent of cultivation of these varieties have been declining sharply and many of these varieties are threatened with extinction.
- Namma Nellu through Sempulam Sustainable Solutions is involved in helping these farmers market these varieties. Systematic monitoring of organic cultivation of these varieties is ensured. Farmers are paid a premium price at the point of purchase itself. Namma Nellu provides branding and marketing support and ensures the customer organically cultivated traditional varieties.
- Namma Nellu also procures region-specific rice varieties from across India from genuine organic farmers. Along with its huge range of traditional organic rice varieties, organically cultivated pulses and millets are also procured directly from farmers and supplied to the consumers.
- During the course of its work for the last 27 years on indigenous seed conservation, the Centre for Indian Knowledge Systems (CIKS) has collected more than 100 indigenous varieties of rice suitable for cultivation in Tamil Nadu.
- Several indigenous paddy varieties have a low Glycemic Index (GI) and this is of crucial importance in a population with a high and increasing incidence of diabetes.
Keywords: organic toor dal online, buy organic toor dal online, tur dal 1kg price, organic toor dal online shopping, organic toor dal online purchase, organic tuvar dal online, whole organic toor dal online, organic toor dal online price, tur dal 1kg, organic tur dal price, organic toor dal online, buy organic toor dal online, tur dal 1kg price, organic toor dal online shopping, organic toor dal online purchase, organic tuvar dal online, whole organic toor dal online, organic toor dal online price, tur dal 1kg, organic tur dal price