Order Kothavarangai Vathal and other Homemade Vathals Online
Homemade | Zero Preservatives
Cluster beans sun-dried with butter milk, salt and turmeric
How to use:
Fry it in oil directly and consume
Store it in a cool and dry place in an air-tight container
Cluster Beans/ Kothavarangai/ Guar is a vital source of iron and helps to absorb iron in your body in the most soluble form. Kothavarai Vathal is a sun-dried form of Cluster Beans/dried cluster beans (Guar Phali in Hindi) made by boiling this highly nutritious vegetable in salted water for a few minutes, dry them in a cloth towel overnight, mixing them with Buttermilk, pinch of turmeric powder, and chilli powder the next day morning and sundry for 4-5 days or until it is completely dehydrated.
This Vathal can be used while making Vathal kuzhambu or as a healthy side dish for rice varieties, especially South Indian rice recipes like Sambar rice, Curd rice & variety rice, by deep-frying them in any cooking oil. In the summer season, the different kinds of bulk vegetables are stored and preserved in this format. Some of the vegetables are ladies finger, and many more.
It is a vital source of iron/folic acid and helps to absorb iron in your body in the most soluble form. If you are diabetic, it is best to include these beans in your diet. Hypoglycemic properties of cluster beans help in soothing the nerves. They are also found to reduce anxiety and tension and calm the person mentally.
Cluster Beans Nutritional Benefits
- The cluster beans are not only lower in calories but they are extremely great at decreasing blood sugar levels as well as cholesterol levels.
- They are loaded with lots of folic acid properties, which is totally recommended for pregnant ladies. The folic acid presence helps in preventing the foetus from birth defects.
- It is a vital source of iron/folic acid and helps to absorb iron in your body in the most soluble form.
- If you are diabetic, it is best to include these kothavarangai chips in your diet.
- The hypoglycemic properties of cluster beans vathal help in soothing the nerves.
- The kothavarangai is also found to reduce anxiety and tension and calm the person mentally.
- Due to the presence of iron in the vegetable, it helps in increasing the level of haemoglobin production, which in turn helps in proper blood supply in the body.
What are the benefits of making this kind of vathal?
Sometimes with or without knowing we will have a lot of vegetable stores. In that case, instead of wasting or waiting until they rot, making this kind of vathal helps in last-minute cooking or side dishes.
Can pregnant ladies consume this fermented vathal?
When talking about the vegetable, for eg., kothavarangai they are rich in folic acid which is completely advised to be taken by carrying ladies. But in the case of vathal, if your body has more salt content, then take them as freshly cooked vegetables instead of vathal. In other cases, you can have them.
Order Kothavarangai Vathal and other Homemade Vathals online @ www.sweetkaramcoffee.in and get it delivered to your doorstep anywhere in India.
Travel Back in Time to your Golden Childhood Days relishing our delights that taste just like your Grandma's preparation.
- We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, Netbanking, UPI and PayTM payment modes (available when you click on Online payment mode in the final payment page).
- Cash on Delivery is Available on all orders across INDIA
Click here to read our product reviews from our customers across INDIA.
Shipping and Returns:
- Get Free shipping on all orders across INDIA.
- At present, we service around 27,000+ pin codes across India
We deliver within 24-48 hours in Chennai, and your orders are dispatched in 24-48 hours via FedEx or other premium courier partners and reach you in 2-6 business days.
You can cancel your order by contacting our customer support. However, cancellations will not be accepted post dispatch.
Want to know more details / facing any issues?
Our specialists are available everyday between 10am to 6pm (IST) on Monday - Friday to answer questions regarding your purchase. You can Call us/Whatsapp us at the number: 7358072807. Alternatively, you can also contact us @ 7358068806.
You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Expect a reply in 24-48 hours).
To know more about www.sweetkaramcoffee.in, click here.