Kuthiraivalli Rice (Barnyard Millet/Sanwa) 500g
Order 100% Organic Kuthiraivalli (Barnyard Millet) Rice and other Organic Millets Online from Sweet Karam Coffee
Kuthiraivali- Nutrition Rich Millet
Kuthiraivali is also called Barnyard Millet. Brimming with protein, rich in fiber, packed with Iron,good source of vitamin they provide wholesome nutrition. It is a nutritional rich millet.
Kuthiraivali means horse tail; This name is derived because the crop looks like horse tail. Kuthiraivali grows well in hilly region and has a crop cycle of 45 days. Barnyard millet does not suffer from major fungal diseases and mostly a pesticide free millet.
Kuthiraivali has wholesome nutrients and preferred by some communities on fasting days for the nutrition it provides. It is often used to be given as porridge/kheer to babies.
It is quiet economical and easily available.
Health Benefits of Barnyard Millet
- Low in Calories: Kuthiraivali/Barnyard millet is a good source of highly digestible protein and at the same time is least caloric dense compared to all other cereals
- Rich in Fiber: An excellent source of dietary fiber this millet has a good amount of both soluble and insoluble fractions. The high fiber content helps in preventing constipation, excess gas, bloating and cramping.
- Low Glycemic Index: The carbohydrate content of barnyard millet is low and slowly digestible, making the barnyard millet a low glycemic index food, hence making it ideal for people with diabetes.
- Gluten-Free Food: Like all millets, the barnyard millet is gluten-free.
- Good Source of Iron: Barnyard millet have shown to contain high amounts of iron which was the richest amongst all millets and cereal grains.
If you are looking for simple, delicious yet healthy dishes including kuthiraivalli in your diet is a good choice. The millet is easily available, quick to cook and good to taste proves to be an ideal wholesome alternative to rice, wheat and other less easily available millets. This millet is also used as fodder to animals.
When we choose organic millets, we are giving back to our society in form of sustainable living as well as helping the farmer community by providing a way of living. SweetKaramCoffee understands the need between health conscious customers and farmers to procure the organic millets.
Happiness begins with good health and good health originates from kitchen.
Order your pack of Kuthiraivali now. Choose healthy and deliciousness in form of Barnyard Millet (Kuthiraivali) - Mint Coriander Twirls made out of the millet.
Explore our range of Organic Millets: Thinai(Foxtail Millet), Naattu Kambu(Pearl Millet),Saamai (Little Millet) ,Varagu (Kodo Millet) and Ragi.