Thinai(Foxtail) Rice 500g
Order 100% Organic Thinai(Foxtail) Rice and other Organic Millets Online from Sweet Karam Coffee
Thinai- Medicinal Millet
Thinai- Foxtail Millet is the second most widely planted species of Millet is gluten free, high in dietary fiber and loaded with micronutrients such as iron, calcium and phosphorus.
Our ancestors didn€™t have to think or plan hard to eat good food. They ate what is local to the weather conditions, nutrition need and chose wholesome food. Millets were part of our local food chain and our lifestyle since time immemorial There are many food which become popular due to fad diets or endorsed as Super foods..where in these health treasures have recently caught the eye of nutritionists and are limping to a comeback.
Thinai is referred often in Sangam literature and offered to Lord Muruga. Thinai provides vitality and often consumed by farmers as its highly nutritious and fulfilling. They are used as ingredients in Ayurvedic and western medicine preparation too.
Foxtail Millets grow in hot climates does not require much maintenance.
Health Benefits of Thinai
Numerous health benefit of the millet includes
- Anti Ageing property : Rich in anti oxidants these Foxtail Millets helps providing a youthful looking skin and slows down wrinkle appearance.
- Rich source of energy : Rich in Calcium and iron content,Thinai helps in improving bone strength
- Low hypoglycemic index reduces blood sugar levels : Low hypoglycemic index in the millet improves satiety and keeps diabetes at check
- Cancer prevention properties :High fiber in the food helps preventing breast cancer
- Easily digestible. Rich in fibers they are easy to digest and can be safely consumed by kids too
Thinai can be incorporated with any of the Indian dishes and can be consumed in place of rice, porridge or used in tiffin item like idli, dosa, upma, pongal etc. Thinai laadu is made during Thai Poosam by people of Tamilnadu. Several varieties of savories are possible with these healthy grains. Do taste our lip smacking Foxtail Millet (Thinai) - Curry Leaf Red Chilli Ribbons
These organic products offer innumerable health benefits to your family and also to environment as they consume lesser water resources. Doctors recommend including millets at least thrice in a week. Order your pack of organic Thinal/Foxtail millet here
Explore our range of Organic Millets: Naatu Kambu(Pearl Millet), Kuthiraivalli (Barnyard Millet) ,Saamai (Little Millet) ,Varagu (Kodo Millet) and Ragi