Order 100% Organic Thooyamalli Rice Rice and other Organic Traditional Rice Varieties Online (Exclusively Vaccum Packed) from Sweet Karam Coffee
(Scroll down for benefits & unique nutritional properties)
Sweet Karam Coffee is happy to partner with Namma Nellu to bring 100% organic rice varieties to your home.
About Namma Nellu:
- India is endowed with very exceptionally rich biodiversity in rice. So rich that it will take you 500 years to taste all native varieties of rice just once if you eat one rice a day!
- Since 1995 Centre for Indian Knowledge Systems (CIKS) an NGO has been conserving traditional rice varieties and documenting and researching their agronomic properties.
- Through the years they have realised that these varieties are important not only for their agronomic properties (flood/drought resistance, pests/disease resistance, suitability to various soil types and ecosystems etc.) but also their value in terms of nutrition, culinary traditions and therapeutic value.
- The numbers and extent of cultivation of these varieties have been declining sharply and many of these varieties are threatened with extinction.
- Namma Nellu through Sempulam Sustainable Solutions is involved in helping these farmers market these varieties. Systematic monitoring of organic cultivation of these varieties is ensured. Farmers are paid a premium price at the point of purchase itself. Namma Nellu provides branding and marketing support and ensures the customer organically cultivated traditional varieties.
- Namma Nellu also procures region-specific rice varieties from across India from genuine organic farmers. Along with its huge range of traditional organic rice varieties, organically cultivated pulses and millets are also procured directly from farmers and supplied to the consumers.
- During the course of its work for the last 27 years on indigenous seed conservation, the Centre for Indian Knowledge Systems (CIKS) has collected more than 100 indigenous varieties of rice suitable for cultivation in Tamil Nadu.
- Several indigenous paddy varieties have a low Glycemic Index (GI) and this is of crucial importance in a population with a high and increasing incidence of diabetes.
All the farmers are cultivating the traditional rice varieties in organic farming without the use of pesticides and any forms of chemicals. So, all the nutrients are retained in the rice which meets the requirement of the body and keeps our system healthy. You can place an order for any of the 14 organic traditional rice varieties in our online farm store.
Organic is not a trend, it is the traditional way to live healthy.
Thooyamalli rice - The energy booster
Thooyamalli is a traditional rice variety native to Salem district in Tamil Nadu. It gets its name as it resembles the pure jasmine bud (Thooyamalli) while flowering. This is fine quality rice which can be used for daily food.
Health is wealth! But, are we concentrating on health? Not many. We were left with no or little options except the conventional rice in the supermarkets and the shops nearby. Thanks to the awareness given by some great people and farmers about the health benefits of the traditional rice varieties of Tamil Nadu. Have you ever noticed why some of our grand and great-grandparents lived for long years without any disease and disorders? It is all because of their food habits. They ate traditional foods that are produced in an organic way at their young age and so they were strong even when they got older. We can see the life expectancy of our grandparents were high because they used to eat the traditional rice varieties purchased directly from the farmers who educates about the benefits of it.
Health Benefits of Thooyamalli rice
- It strengthens the nervous system
- Good source of energy to the body
- Easily digestible
- Helps to improve skin glow
Thooyamalli organic traditional rice at Sweet Karam Coffee
With the increasing awareness of the benefits of organic traditional rice, people are finding it difficult to get genuine products. You can order Thooyamalli or any organic traditional rice here. Namma Nellu, a team of experienced people selects the farmers who are the on verge of loss due to in-organic farming and mentor them and gives full support to do organic farming. We ensure it reaches the masses in the city and the farmers get the right price for their products.
We at Sweet Karam Coffee have a wide range of products from homemade jaggery based sweets, healthy millet snacks, health mix, homemade podis, pickles, and pappad varieties. You can place the order for these items at our online store. We offer a 5-day trial subscription for organic A2 milk from our native cows. You can check it out here. Our farms are neatly maintained and our cows are looked after as our family members and given natural fodders and are allowed to graze in the open and clean areas. Milk is packed in the hygienic glass bottles and is delivered to you fresh. No additives, no contamination. Just fresh and pure. If you try our 5-day trial, we are sure you will place your regular monthly orders for the same.
Let us re-discover the healthy organic food products that our ancestors have passed on to lead a healthy life.